Each week we will post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
Meditate and apply:
- What storms are raging all around you in your life?
- If the winds and sea obey Jesus’ commands, then we can trust Him with the storms in our lives also.
- In this section of Mark, we find the only recorded time in the Gospels where Jesus was sleeping. His physical body was exhausted from teaching and ministering to people. He chose to lie down in the boat and trust in His Father. If we trust God with our storms, then we too can lie down in peace and find rest.
- Out of their fear, the disciples cried out to Jesus: “Do You not care that we are perishing?” They had yet to realize that they followed the creator of the world. If they had, they would have known they had no need to fear and they would have known just how much Jesus did care about them…and He cares just as much about us.
- When you face storms in life, are you able to place the storm in the creator’s hand and lie down in peace and trust Him or would He look at you and say, “Why are ye so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?”
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) Also available on Amazon and Barnes & Nobel.
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is booking for 2019 and 2020 events. Book with us now. Click the link and fill out the online form or call us at 904.524.8073.