Each week we will post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.
Meditate and apply:
- Take a few quiet moments and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you how much you love God. Is it with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind?
- How does your life, actions, and words demonstrate your love for God?
- When we love someone, we want to spend every possible moment with that person. How much time do you spend with God?
- When we love someone, we invest in that person? Are you investing your tithe?
- When we love someone, we want to please them. Pleasing God means obeying His commands and doing what He’s called you to do. Are you pleasing to God?
- What has the Holy Spirit revealed to you about your love for God?
- Who do you identify as your neighbor? The person next door, on your street, in your subdivision, in the next cubical/office? What about the people in your home: your spouse and children? How do you love these people as you love yourself?