Each week we will post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
2 Samuel 7:22
This is why You are great, Lord God. There is no one like You. and there is no God besides You, as all we have heard confirms.
Meditate and apply:
- Spend some time with God acknowledging how great He has been in your life. Be specific in telling Him about the great and mighty things He’s done for you.
- Next, acknowledge to God specific ways as to why there is no other like Him.
- In David’s day, the nations around him (and even Israel struggled with) worshipping many gods. While we may not have carved idols that we worship, we often struggle with putting careers, family, friends, hobbies, sports, and other things before God. When we do, we make them an idol. Ask the Holy Spirit to convict you and anything you have made more important than God and then realign your priorities so that God has first place in your life.
- Remembering how God has worked in our lives in the past will help us through the current issues we are facing. If we know God was faithful before, we can trust that He will be faithful again.
- Tell others about how God has been great in your life. As they hear your testimony, it will confirm God’s greatness in their ears. Your story of God’s greatness might be the words they need to hear just at that moment so they don’t lose faith in the battles they face or it may lead them to faith in Christ. There is no better way to thank God and give Him praise than to acknowledge His greatness and goodness to others.
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants.
Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities.