Each week we will post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
This week’s verse:
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Meditate and apply:
- God loved the entire world – regardless of race, every single person. It doesn’t matter what your past looks like or your present. We come to God just as we are – filthy and sinful. Isaiah 64:6 says: “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.” All of us are sinners. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” But 1 John 1:7 tells us that the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
- Because of His love for us, God allowed His one and only Son, Jesus, to pay our sin debt in our place. Our penalty for sin is death (Romans 6:23), but because Jesus died in our place, God’s gift to us is eternal life (Ephesians 2:8).
- Whosoever means – whoever – and that includes you.
- God does not want anyone to be lost and die without Him (2 Peter 3:8-10). He does not want anyone to spend eternity in hell. Hell was originally created for Satan and his followers as their penalty for their rebellion as angels in Heaven. In fact, the Bible tells us in 2 Peter 3:9 that God is “longsuffering toward us,” which means He is patient – but when death occurs, His patience is gone.
- Everlasting life. We all have an eternity waiting for us after death – either eternal life in Heaven or eternal damnation in hell. The choice is ours to make and we make it in this life. After death, it’s too late to decide. Hebrews 9:27 says: “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.” According to this verse judgement comes after death with out Christ as Savior. We will only get one earthly lifetime to make our choice for or against Him. We are not going to be reincarnated back into another body to get several more chances to find and accept Jesus this side of heaven. We don’t get to have our loved ones still on earth pray us into heaven. There is no penance or “levels” of hell. There is no chance to work our way out of hell once we are there. We only get this life that we live now to accept God’s gift of salvation.
- There is only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6 says, “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” There is no other way.
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants.
Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities.