Each week we post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
This week’s verse:
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Meditate and apply:
- In John 14:6 Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father but by me.”
- There is no other way to be saved, except by faith in Jesus. You can’t earn it. You can’t buy it. You can’t be “good enough.” Church membership doesn’t get you to heaven. Baptism doesn’t get you to heaven. Partaking of the “Lord’s Supper” doesn’t get you to heaven. Your parent’s salvation doesn’t get you to heaven. Your spouse’s salvation doesn’t get you to heaven.
- There is only one way to be saved. That way is by confession of sin and belief in Jesus. Romans 10:9 says, “if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- The only name with power to save us from our sins and give us eternal life is the name of Jesus. There’s just something about that name!
- Jesus did all the work on the cross of Calvary. He took our place and paid the price for our sin. Why? Because He loves us and wants us to spend eternity with Him. All we have to do is accept His free gift by faith. Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
Jesus did all the work on the cross of Calvary. He took our place and paid the price for our sin. Why? Because He loves us and wants us to spend eternity with Him. All we have to do is accept His free gift by faith. —click to tweet
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants.
Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities.
Or call us at 904.524.8073