Book now to host this event!
Your church or ministry organization can host the God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars couples’ event based on the book by Julia M. Bruce. The GLMW event is a fun and interactive event that will challenge the married couples in your church to intentionally cultivate their marriage as they invest daily through the activities and guided discussions about God’s design for marriage.
You will not want to miss hosting this author-led event.
Building a Godly, healthy, strong marriage takes work. Yet many marriages — even Christian marriages — leave God outside of the relationship. Godly marriages do not happen without intentionally cultivating it, investing in it, and learning to put God first in your individual lives and in your marriage. We believe that one of the main missing ingredients in most marriage retreats and seminars is they are not teaching the importance of making God the first priority in marriage and individual lives and without God, marriages are more likely to fail. But when the marriage is forged with Godly and Biblical principles that are applied to both the marriage and the individuals, marriages are not only stronger, but so is the whole family. This, in turn, leads to healthier societies.
When couples attend other marriage retreats and conferences, they often get valuable information but when they return home, they rarely apply what they learn. However, when they combine the GLMW Event with the GLMW book, they get a year’s worth of intentional marriage-building instruction through guided Bible study and activities. They can also join the GLMW Facebook community where they can interact with other couples who are working through the book and join the daily discussions to further strengthen their marriage.
This event helps couples understand why the daily activities found in the book will equip them to build a stronger marriage and the book provides them with 365 intentional activities to take what they learn at the event and apply it on a daily basis. Through the event, couples will discover the “why” behind the categories of activities found in the book and “how” these activities are important to building a stronger marriage. Focus points of the event includes :
- How memorizing scripture and digging into God’s Word together will help them develop marriages that honor God as they study, meditate and apply scriptures related to marriage and life issues.
- Why utilizing fun conversation starters that spark meaningful conversations will keep interest alive as they continually learn new things about each other.
- Why keeping romance alive is essential to intimacy and connectivity.
- How making memories and working together builds relationship investment bonds and how these investment bonds can become the knots that keeps them together through the tough times.
- How they can understand what they are or are not contributing to the marriage as well as how they might be contributing to problems or potential problems within the relationship through the use of targeted, intentional personal reflections
- Why it is important that couples never stop dating and how group dates with Christian friends can be both an encouragement and accountability to their own relationship.
During the event, couples will be given an activity from each focus point to do together, making this event an interactive, fun, and engaging event with practical, hands-on learning.
Each couple will receive a copy of the God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars book signed by the author. For more information on hosting this event, complete the online form below..
We prefer a minimum of 25 couples so that the interactive activities are more fun and so couples can encourage, challenge, and learn from one another. Smaller churches can get with other area churches and co-host the event, so please don’t let our minimum preference prevent you from holding this event. We want to strengthen as many marriages as we can. If you are unable to collect 25 couples, contact us anyway and if we are going to be at a location near you, we will still come and lead this event or provide you with the information of the larger event near you that your church will be able to join.
To check available dates, request more information, or book now, please complete the online form below:
Your church’s or ministry’s investment:
- This event is best held as a Friday evening and all day Saturday event, but can be tailored for a smaller event and shorter time.
- We recommend that the host site provide 4 meals and 2 snacks, which includes beginning the event with dinner on Friday night and then breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday with a morning and afternoon snack on Saturday. Based on the financial situation of your church, you can build this expense into the price you charge per couple or provide it out of your church/ministry budget. Find ways to keep costs down, such as simple meals like spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread and see if local grocery stores will donate items such as one of the snacks or meat for one meal. You can then insert a “thank you” into your event program.
- Provide bottled water, tea, sodas to be available throughout the event.
- Travel expense for the event speaker to include hotel, meals not part of the conference, and either airfare and rental car or $0.50 per mile for driving as calculated by google maps (whichever is the lesser expense). Event leader will submit receipts for expenses.
- Conference fee payable to the event speaker: $900 per 25 couples (includes an autographed copy of the GLMW book per couple at the author’s discounted price), which equals $36 per couple. A non-refundable $250 booking fee is due at time of booking and will be subtracted from the total fee. Half of the remaining fee is due six weeks prior to the event. Balance will be due the day of the event. Should the event be cancelled by the church or ministry organization, fees are refundable (expect for the booking fee) up to two weeks prior to the event. It is preferred to reschedule the event instead of cancelling. Should the event leader cancel, all fees (including booking fee) will be refunded if a date to reschedule is not available.
- The church/ministry site will be responsible for determining the cost per couple, collecting fees, and obtaining RSVPs. To determine a cost per couple, estimate your total expenses and divide it by the estimated number of couples you expect to attend. Utilize volunteers as much as possible to keep the cost down. We also encourage you to seek out members willing to sponsor/scholarship another couple so that couples on a tight budget are able to attend. After setting your fee, set a low cost (approximately $25 per couple) as a sign-up fee. Half of the remaining amount due should be paid to you by eight weeks prior to the event. The remaining amount should be paid to you by two weeks prior to the event. If you wish, you can set additional payment dates along the way, to break up the expense and make it easier for couples to afford.
- The event leader will need access to the event site early Friday morning for set up and would appreciate volunteers on site to help.
- The GLMW team would need space to set up a place to sell products.
- Get buy-in from your pastoral and ministry staff. Your members will see the importance of attending if the pastoral/ministry staff attends.
- Consider setting up an on-line registration through your church’s website with payment by credit or debit card. You could also choose to set a discount if they pay in full.
- Consider setting up a mobile app for your event. The app could include a speaker bio, information about the praise and worship team, the event schedule, resources, social media, registration and payment, business and individual sponsors, a place to donate for event scholarships, and an appreciation for all your volunteers.
Optional Ideas For an Enhanced Experience:
- End the event with a group marriage vow renewal service led by your pastor. (If your pastor also wishes to participate in the marriage vow renewal, ask a pastor from a neighboring church to lead this) You can choose to follow this with a wedding-style reception with wedding cake, punch, and light finger foods, if you wish. You could also make this part of your Sunday morning service with a pot-lunch following the service.
- Inform smaller churches in your area that you are hosting the event and invite them to join you.
- Invite a praise and worship team/band from another local church to lead your group on Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday evening. Consider offering them a free or discounted price to attend the event.
- Allow couples to invite family and friends to the vow renewal service and reception.
- Network with area restaurants and businesses to provide gift cards or passes that you can use to either provide each couple with at least one gift card or pass for a date night or create themed gift baskets with the cards/passes you receive that you can use as random give-aways throughout the event. You could also get donations from stores to make the gift baskets. Plan to acknowledge companies that donated items, gift cards, or passes at the event either on paper handouts or electronically via media projection. Be sure to send a thank you card to each company that donates.
Optional expenses or ways to utilize volunteers within your church/ministry organization:
- Workers to provide child care for children under 12.
- Plan a ministry project or fun event for teens at the same time as the event or use them as some of your volunteers for this event.
- Kitchen staff to prepare and serve meals
- Parking attendants (for larger events)
- Media staff to manage sound and media projection
- Purchase a GLMW welcome bag for each couple (includes a GLMW notebook and pen for taking notes, a GLMW Event t-shirt, and an informational page about the GLMW Facebook community page). You will need to collect shirt sizes with your registration. If you choose not to purchase the welcome bag, we are able to offer the t-shirts and notebooks for sale at the event. Price for welcome bag TBD.
- Purchase of printed official GLMW publicity package (prices TBD) or utilize our downloadable graphics (coming soon!) to create your own publicity.
- As soon as you book the event, begin promoting it on your church’s website. Speak with local radio stations about a free public service announcement. If your denomination has state and/or local offices, talk to them about putting it in their newsletters and websites if you want to invite the general public. Talk with area churches and see what other churches might want to participate. This will increase your attendance at the event as well as your pool of volunteer possibilities.
- If you would like to plan the event as a weekend “get-away,” the church/ministry organization would secure the venue and build the expense into the cost per couple. Hosting the event at your church/ministry site, will save couples money but can create more work for your staff/ministry teams.
- Purchase our complete GLMW event planning guide for step-by-step planning that includes time frames to keep your event on track and help you organize your teams through the planning process. (guide coming soon).
- You can decorate for this event anyway you wish – or not at all. You can go simple or extravagant. It’s all up to you and what your event budget will allow. You might consider a coffee shop theme which will correspond to the book cover.
- If you struggle with getting enough volunteers, offer them a discounted or free attendance at the event as your budget allows. At the very least, offer them free meals. We also suggest some small token of appreciation for every volunteer.
- Put out a call for vendors to set up booths with either free give-aways or to sell products at your event. You can charge vendors a booth fee that will increase your budget for the event and keep costs down for your attendees. All you need to do is provide a table for each vendor. Should they need access to an electrical outlet, place their table near an outlet and give them a higher vendor fee. Ideas for venders include your local Christian bookstore, members of your congregation that makes/sells crafts of any kind or those that sell products such as Plexus, Mary Kay, etc. Any restaurants or entertainment business (bowling, movies, adventure parks, etc.) in the area could also be invited. If you have a Christian adoption or foster care agency in your area, invite them as well.
Would you consider giving Wellspring a Christmas gift this year? We’re raising fund for some media equipment needed for our ministry. Click here to make your secure tax-deductible contribution.
T-shirt Fundraiser Event: I
As we focus on Revival for America, 2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray,and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their land.” This design was created as we focus this week on seeking the face of God for revival. Jeremiah tells us that when we seek God, we will find Him when we search with all our hearts. You’ll find the design in tees for women, mugs, bags, and other products. Check them out in the Spreadshirtand Teespringsshops.
All proceeds go to the advancement of Wellspring Christian Ministries.
Thank you for helping us grow!
#allyourheart #seekandfind #seekingGod #WCM #teespring #spreadshop
Looking for a keynote speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is author of God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars and CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants. Today, Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities, regardless of size.
Or call us at 904.524.8073
#JuliaBruce #speaker #keynote #author
Wellspring receives an 8% commission for any item purchased
at CBD through any of these links. Your cost to purchase any item through an affiliate link is the same as purchasing directly from CBD.
Clicking any affiliate link will open a new browser page and take you to Christian Book Distributor’s website.
Featured Items at Christian Book Distributors:
Check out these items from Christian Book Distributors.
We are praying and seeking God for Revival in America in 2020. The path to revival can be found in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Watch the video on this verse created by our CEO.
2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves….” This week we have featured several resources on prayer. We hope you’ll choose one for your own personal Bible study and join us in seeking God with a heart of humility and pray with us for God to send a revival to America in 2020.
Check out the Christian Book Distributor resources below.
Our organization receives an 8% commission on any item you purchase through these links. However, the product price is the same for you. There is no increase in your cost for us to receive the commission. All commissions receive support the work and ministry of Wellspring Christian Ministries.
By Nancy Guthrie / Tyndale House
In Seeing Jesus, author and Bible teacher Nancy Guthrie shows how Jesus is revealed in the Old Testament through 60 brief, but insightful readings. Your eyes will be opened to the epic scope of the Bible’s story like never before, as you see Jesus at the center of God’s plan to save his creation from the very beginning. Adapted from The One Year Book of Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament. Features an imitation leather binding and a ribbon bookmark.
By Linda Evans Shepherd / Revell
What if every time you had a conversation, your best friend never got a word in edgewise? Your relationship would be less than fulfilling–for both of you! In the same way, a fulfilling prayer life is more than just regularly talking to God. And it’s more than checking items off a prayer list. God loves us so much that he wants us to draw close enough not only to talk but also to listen.
Now, from the award-winning author of When You Don’t Know What to Pray, comes a bold and life-transforming book that will help nurture a vibrant two-way relationship with God. Linda Evans Shepherd shows you how to develop a dialogue with God, continually seeking him and seeing him at work in your life. Steeped in Scripture and filled with personal stories of answered prayer, this book also includes sample prayers and action steps you can put into practice immediately.
By Gary Henry / Wordpoints
What difference does it make whether we seek God? Diligently Seeking God offers a complete year of daily meditations that will help you look at this question more honestly. Each page explores a different dimension of our need for God and invites you into a deeper desire for Him.
Written in a style that is both reverent and comfortable, Diligently Seeking God meets us as real people and wrestles with the questions that come to us in our most personal moments.
No matter where your spiritual life is right now, this book will beckon you to higher ground. Whether you see yourself as being a Christian or not, Diligently Seeking God will: (1) Motivate you to take God more seriously every day, (2) encourage you to focus on God, rather than on yourself, (3) challenge you to make God a greater priority, (4) help you to make positive choices for the quality of your life, and (5) inspire you to keep going when life is hard.
Provocative and passionate about life’s most important subject, this book will make a difference in your spiritual growth. Diligently Seeking God will nudge you where you need to be nudged.
By Dorothy Kelley Patterson / B&H Books
Discover God in all aspects of your life! Examining everyday experiences in the light of God’s Word, Kelley Patterson will help affirm your faith in God’s daily presence. In this collection of 36 essays, she shares insights on family life, dealing with adversity, the power of prayer, intimacy in marriage, and evangelism. A daily Bible reading plan is included. eBook Version.
By Faith Alive Christian Resources
A daily prayer book drawn from an ancient Christian tradition.
For hundreds of years, Christians have observed the “daily office”–prayers offered to God at regular times of day. This practice, now experiencing a wide resurgence, can help your life become a vital, lifelong conversation with God. In Seeking God’s Face you’ll find a simplified daily office–intended for once-a-day use–designed especially for thoughtful Christians.
Seeking God’s Face provides an entire year of daily prayers and readings, each featuring seven elements, including:
- an opening prayer of adoration
- a psalm and Scripture reading
- suggestions for personal prayer
- a prayer based on a classic creed or confession
- a closing blessing
Forward by Eugene Peterson
By Bernard Bonowitz / Cistercian Publications
By Rachel Carter Welborn / Come and See Photography
By Lucille Willis / WestBow Press
By Stephen Kendrick & Alex Kendrick / B&H Books
Many people feel they are less than who God says they are. We get our identity from our careers, our political positions, family roles in the family, and other things. This small group study uses clips from the film Overcomer to examine how we determine our identity and how we can find our true identity in Christ.
The Bible study is geared for adult groups to use prior to the movie or just after seeing the movie. The study includes clips from the movie.
The Overcomer Bible Study Kit has five sessions and includes:
- one Bible Study Book
- one DVD with a promotional video and five 2-4 minute video sessions
- Who Are You?
- You Are Broken
- You Are Chosen
- You Surrender
- You Declare
By Provident Films
From the creators of War Room, Courageous and Fireproof. Basketball coach John Harrison’s high school team is crushed by the closing of the town’s largest employer. Hundreds of families move, leaving him running a struggling cross-country program. But then he meets Hannah and begins helping this unlikely runner attempt the impossible in the year’s biggest race. Starring Alex Kendrick, Priscilla Shirer, and Aryn Wright-Thompson. Rated PG. Dove approved (12+). Approx. 119 minutes.