Book now to host this event!
Your church or ministry organization can host the God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars couples’ event based on the book by Julia M. Bruce. The GLMW event is a fun and interactive event that will challenge the married couples in your church to intentionally cultivate their marriage as they invest daily through the activities and guided discussions about God’s design for marriage.
You will not want to miss hosting this author-led event.
Building a Godly, healthy, strong marriage takes work. Yet many marriages — even Christian marriages — leave God outside of the relationship. Godly marriages do not happen without intentionally cultivating it, investing in it, and learning to put God first in your individual lives and in your marriage. We believe that one of the main missing ingredients in most marriage retreats and seminars is they are not teaching the importance of making God the first priority in marriage and individual lives and without God, marriages are more likely to fail. But when the marriage is forged with Godly and Biblical principles that are applied to both the marriage and the individuals, marriages are not only stronger, but so is the whole family. This, in turn, leads to healthier societies.
When couples attend other marriage retreats and conferences, they often get valuable information but when they return home, they rarely apply what they learn. However, when they combine the GLMW Event with the GLMW book, they get a year’s worth of intentional marriage-building instruction through guided Bible study and activities. They can also join the GLMW Facebook community where they can interact with other couples who are working through the book and join the daily discussions to further strengthen their marriage.
This event helps couples understand why the daily activities found in the book will equip them to build a stronger marriage and the book provides them with 365 intentional activities to take what they learn at the event and apply it on a daily basis. Through the event, couples will discover the “why” behind the categories of activities found in the book and “how” these activities are important to building a stronger marriage. Focus points of the event includes :
- How memorizing scripture and digging into God’s Word together will help them develop marriages that honor God as they study, meditate and apply scriptures related to marriage and life issues.
- Why utilizing fun conversation starters that spark meaningful conversations will keep interest alive as they continually learn new things about each other.
- Why keeping romance alive is essential to intimacy and connectivity.
- How making memories and working together builds relationship investment bonds and how these investment bonds can become the knots that keeps them together through the tough times.
- How they can understand what they are or are not contributing to the marriage as well as how they might be contributing to problems or potential problems within the relationship through the use of targeted, intentional personal reflections
- Why it is important that couples never stop dating and how group dates with Christian friends can be both an encouragement and accountability to their own relationship.
During the event, couples will be given an activity from each focus point to do together, making this event an interactive, fun, and engaging event with practical, hands-on learning.
Each couple will receive a copy of the God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars book signed by the author. For more information on hosting this event, complete the online form below..
We prefer a minimum of 25 couples so that the interactive activities are more fun and so couples can encourage, challenge, and learn from one another. Smaller churches can get with other area churches and co-host the event, so please don’t let our minimum preference prevent you from holding this event. We want to strengthen as many marriages as we can. If you are unable to collect 25 couples, contact us anyway and if we are going to be at a location near you, we will still come and lead this event or provide you with the information of the larger event near you that your church will be able to join.
To check available dates, request more information, or book now, please complete the online form below:
Your church’s or ministry’s investment:
- This event is best held as a Friday evening and all day Saturday event, but can be tailored for a smaller event and shorter time.
- We recommend that the host site provide 4 meals and 2 snacks, which includes beginning the event with dinner on Friday night and then breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday with a morning and afternoon snack on Saturday. Based on the financial situation of your church, you can build this expense into the price you charge per couple or provide it out of your church/ministry budget. Find ways to keep costs down, such as simple meals like spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread and see if local grocery stores will donate items such as one of the snacks or meat for one meal. You can then insert a “thank you” into your event program.
- Provide bottled water, tea, sodas to be available throughout the event.
- Travel expense for the event speaker to include hotel, meals not part of the conference, and either airfare and rental car or $0.50 per mile for driving as calculated by google maps (whichever is the lesser expense). Event leader will submit receipts for expenses.
- Conference fee payable to the event speaker: $900 per 25 couples (includes an autographed copy of the GLMW book per couple at the author’s discounted price), which equals $36 per couple. A non-refundable $250 booking fee is due at time of booking and will be subtracted from the total fee. Half of the remaining fee is due six weeks prior to the event. Balance will be due the day of the event. Should the event be cancelled by the church or ministry organization, fees are refundable (expect for the booking fee) up to two weeks prior to the event. It is preferred to reschedule the event instead of cancelling. Should the event leader cancel, all fees (including booking fee) will be refunded if a date to reschedule is not available.
- The church/ministry site will be responsible for determining the cost per couple, collecting fees, and obtaining RSVPs. To determine a cost per couple, estimate your total expenses and divide it by the estimated number of couples you expect to attend. Utilize volunteers as much as possible to keep the cost down. We also encourage you to seek out members willing to sponsor/scholarship another couple so that couples on a tight budget are able to attend. After setting your fee, set a low cost (approximately $25 per couple) as a sign-up fee. Half of the remaining amount due should be paid to you by eight weeks prior to the event. The remaining amount should be paid to you by two weeks prior to the event. If you wish, you can set additional payment dates along the way, to break up the expense and make it easier for couples to afford.
- The event leader will need access to the event site early Friday morning for set up and would appreciate volunteers on site to help.
- The GLMW team would need space to set up a place to sell products.
- Get buy-in from your pastoral and ministry staff. Your members will see the importance of attending if the pastoral/ministry staff attends.
- Consider setting up an on-line registration through your church’s website with payment by credit or debit card. You could also choose to set a discount if they pay in full.
- Consider setting up a mobile app for your event. The app could include a speaker bio, information about the praise and worship team, the event schedule, resources, social media, registration and payment, business and individual sponsors, a place to donate for event scholarships, and an appreciation for all your volunteers.
Optional Ideas For an Enhanced Experience:
- End the event with a group marriage vow renewal service led by your pastor. (If your pastor also wishes to participate in the marriage vow renewal, ask a pastor from a neighboring church to lead this) You can choose to follow this with a wedding-style reception with wedding cake, punch, and light finger foods, if you wish. You could also make this part of your Sunday morning service with a pot-lunch following the service.
- Inform smaller churches in your area that you are hosting the event and invite them to join you.
- Invite a praise and worship team/band from another local church to lead your group on Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday evening. Consider offering them a free or discounted price to attend the event.
- Allow couples to invite family and friends to the vow renewal service and reception.
- Network with area restaurants and businesses to provide gift cards or passes that you can use to either provide each couple with at least one gift card or pass for a date night or create themed gift baskets with the cards/passes you receive that you can use as random give-aways throughout the event. You could also get donations from stores to make the gift baskets. Plan to acknowledge companies that donated items, gift cards, or passes at the event either on paper handouts or electronically via media projection. Be sure to send a thank you card to each company that donates.
Optional expenses or ways to utilize volunteers within your church/ministry organization:
- Workers to provide child care for children under 12.
- Plan a ministry project or fun event for teens at the same time as the event or use them as some of your volunteers for this event.
- Kitchen staff to prepare and serve meals
- Parking attendants (for larger events)
- Media staff to manage sound and media projection
- Purchase a GLMW welcome bag for each couple (includes a GLMW notebook and pen for taking notes, a GLMW Event t-shirt, and an informational page about the GLMW Facebook community page). You will need to collect shirt sizes with your registration. If you choose not to purchase the welcome bag, we are able to offer the t-shirts and notebooks for sale at the event. Price for welcome bag TBD.
- Purchase of printed official GLMW publicity package (prices TBD) or utilize our downloadable graphics (coming soon!) to create your own publicity.
- As soon as you book the event, begin promoting it on your church’s website. Speak with local radio stations about a free public service announcement. If your denomination has state and/or local offices, talk to them about putting it in their newsletters and websites if you want to invite the general public. Talk with area churches and see what other churches might want to participate. This will increase your attendance at the event as well as your pool of volunteer possibilities.
- If you would like to plan the event as a weekend “get-away,” the church/ministry organization would secure the venue and build the expense into the cost per couple. Hosting the event at your church/ministry site, will save couples money but can create more work for your staff/ministry teams.
- Purchase our complete GLMW event planning guide for step-by-step planning that includes time frames to keep your event on track and help you organize your teams through the planning process. (guide coming soon).
- You can decorate for this event anyway you wish – or not at all. You can go simple or extravagant. It’s all up to you and what your event budget will allow. You might consider a coffee shop theme which will correspond to the book cover.
- If you struggle with getting enough volunteers, offer them a discounted or free attendance at the event as your budget allows. At the very least, offer them free meals. We also suggest some small token of appreciation for every volunteer.
- ut out a call for vendors to set up booths with either free give-aways or to sell products at your event. You can charge vendors a booth fee that will increase your budget for the event and keep costs down for your attendees. All you need to do is provide a table for each vendor. Should they need access to an electrical outlet, place their table near an outlet and give them a higher vendor fee. Ideas for venders include your local Christian bookstore, members of your congregation that makes/sells crafts of any kind or those that sell products such as Plexus, Mary Kay, etc. Any restaurants or entertainment business (bowling, movies, adventure parks, etc.) in the area could also be invited. If you have a Christian adoption or foster care agency in your area, invite them as well.
Don’t forget to learn this week’s memory verse:
Don’t forget to learn this week’s memory verse:
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Meditate and apply:
Will you commit to praying with us in 2020 that God will revive His people, renew our faith, and redeem our land? We feel such an urgency and desperation for revival. If God is moving your heart for revival, write your revival prayer in the comments along with your state or country.
#heartofstone #heartofflesh #revivalinAmerica #revivalin2020 #WCM
This week’s featured design is taken from our memory verse – Ezekiel 36:26.
You’ll find the design in tees for men, women, kids, mugs, bags, and other products. The design is also available in white print or black. Check them out in the Spreadshirt shop.
Thank you for helping us grow!
#heartofstone #heartofflesh #WCM #teespring #spreadshop
Looking for a keynote speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants. Today, Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities, regardless of size.
Or call us at 904.524.8073
#JuliaBruce #speaker #keynote #author
Wellspring receives an 8% commission for any item purchased
at CBD through any of these links. Your cost to purchase any item through an affiliate link is the same as purchasing directly from CBD.
Clicking any affiliate link will open a new browser page and take you to Christian Book Distributor’s website.
Check out these items from Christian Book Distributors.
Our organization receives an 8% commission on any item you purchase through these links. However, the product price is the same for you. There is no increase in your cost for us to receive the commission. All commissions receive support the work and ministry of Wellspring Christian Ministries.
Living By The Book, Book & Workbook
By Moody Publishers
How would you describe your personal Bible study? Mundane or motivational? Lackluster or lively? Redundant or reviving? In their bestselling book and workbook, Howard and Bill Hendricks offer a practical 3-step process that will help you master simple yet effective inductive methods of observation, interpretation, and application that will make all the difference in your time with God’s Word!Please note that the workbook contained in this set is intended to be used with the book Living by the Book, not the DVD Study.
Living By the Book 7-Part Condensed Series DVD
By Howard G. Hendricks / Giftedness Center
Join Howard G. Hendricks live as he shows you how to understand and apply God’s Word for yourself. Millions around the world have been captivated by this brilliant teacher’s highly energetic style, friendly manner, unforgettable illustrations, and laugh-out-loud humor. In these series of 25-minutes sessions, Dr. Hendricks will walk you step-by-step through his signature model for self-study: Observation, Interpretation, Application. Your experience in Scripture will never be the same. And your life will be transformed as you begin Living by the Book!
Living By the Book 20-Part Extended Series
By Howard G. Hendricks / Giftedness Center
Join Howard G. Hendricks live as he shows you how to understand and apply God’s Word for yourself. Millions around the world have been captivated by this brilliant teacher’s highly energetic style, friendly manner, unforgettable illustrations, and laugh-out-loud humor.
In these series of 25-minutes sessions, Dr. Hendricks will walk you step-by-step through his signature model for self-study: Observation, Interpretation, Application. Your experience in Scripture will never be the same.
Names of Jesus Boxed Mug
By Faithfully Yours
Ceramic bistro mug with the wonderful names of Jesus in vibrant color detail. A fantastic gift for anyone to celebrate their faith. 10 ounce capacity; microwave and dishwasher safe. Packaged in beautiful matching gift box.
Coffee and Jesus Jumbo Mug
By Glory Haus
Upscale jumbo mug with scripted sentiment
- 16 ounce capacity
- Bold brushstroke detail and artisan typography
- All I need today is a little bit of coffee & a whole lot of Jesus.
- Polka dot trim and coffee cup design.
- By Laura Kirkland; handwash recommended; boxed.
I Love That You’re My Mom, Mug with Bow
By Lighthouse Christian Products
Gifty mug with handtied grosgrain bow as the finishing touch, and a sweet and simple sentiment in black script on white.Ceramic bistro mug holds 12 ounces; heart shaped I love you tag. I love that you’re my mom with Scripture quote from Ephesians 1:16. Pink ribbon.
12 ounce size; safe for mw/dw. Boxed
Heart Stone, 1 Peter 5:7
By Lighthouse Christian Products
Heart stone with the natural rustic feel of cement, for shelf, desk, or table display
- 2.25″ x 2.25″ heart-shaped
- Scripture verse engraved onto the heart
- Cast stone
- Give all your worries to Him because He cares for yo u. I Peter 5:7.
A Heart of Flesh
By Grace Patterson / Xulon Press
Jesus Calling for Easter
By Sarah Young / Thomas Nelson
Exquisite photography alongside the heartwarming, meaningful devotions you’ve come to expect from Young make this a stunning keepsake for family and friends or an inspirational gift to yourself! Fifty themed selections for Lent and Easter with accompanying Scriptures keep the focus on the deep significance of this most blessed time of the year. Features include a padded hardcover binding, color printing throughout, a presentation page, and a ribbon bookmark.
Leave it all… Prayer Journal
By B&H Books
Prayer journal with elastic band closure
- Hardcover with gold foil imprint design Leave it all in the hands that were wounded for you. Elisabeth Elliot
- Personal size journal is 7″ x 4.5″; presentation page
- Designed as a tool for praying methodically and tracing God’s faithful promises, with prompts for Date, Praises, Confessions, Requests, Answers
Last Supper Tabletop Figure
By Roman, Inc.
Tabletop figurine of the Last Supper created by Joseph Studio in fine detail, portraying Christ and his disciples all gathered around the table.Freestanding figurine is 11.25′ long x 4.5″ tall; realistic facial and garment detail. Crafted of resin with smooth finish; stone pattern rectangular base. Renaissance Collection.
The Case for Easter
By Lee Strobel / Zondervan
Priced to give away, this “investigation” into Christ’s death answers three crucial questions seekers ask: Was Jesus’ death a sham? Was his tomb really empty? Was he seen alive after his death on the cross? Strobel’s award-winning skills as a legal journalist will persuade even the most hard-boiled skeptics to reconsider Jesus’ death and resurrection. 95 pages, softcover from Zondervan.
He Chose the Nails: What God Did to Win Your Heart
By Max Lucado / Thomas Nelson
Max Lucado invites you to examine the cross, contemplate its purpose, and celebrate its significance in He Chose the Nails. Go ahead and linger on the hill of Calvary and see just how much God did to win your heart. Paperback.
He Chose the Nails, Study Guide
By Max Lucado / Thomas Nelson
Every gift from God reveals his love, but no gift reveals his love more than the gifts of the cross. Have we taken time to open these? As we do, we find that Jesus did it all just for us. The He Chose Study Guide includes video discussion questions, Bible exploration, personal study and reflection materials for in-between sessions, and an additional session for churches and small groups using this study as part of Lent.
Note: Designed for use with the Because of Bethlehem/He Chose the Nails: A DVD Study (SKU: 687849) which is packaged together. It has two DVDS, one for each study.
24 Hours That Changed the World, DVD with on-line Leader’s Guide
By Abingdon Press
One of the most innovative teaching pastors in the country, Adam Hamilton unpacks Jesus’ last days on earth and how they turn upside down the conventional ideas about good and evil, justice and history, life and death. Filmed on location in the Holy Land, it portrays the Last Supper to Christ’s victory over the grave.Segments include:
1. The Last Supper (11:25)
2. The Garden of Gethsemance (6:57)
3. Condemned by the Righteous (9:15)
4. Jesus, Barabbas, and Pilate (9:10)
5. The Torture and Humiliation of the King (9:06)
6. The Crucifixion (12:54)
7. Christ the Victor (11:10)
Bonus: What If Judas Had Lived? (4:56)
Preview: 24 Hours That Changed the World (1:07)
The Risen Christ: LifeGuide Bible Studies, Jesus’ Final Words on Earth
By Bill Weimer / IVP Connect
Jesus, while dying on the cross, uttered several statements that are often called “The Last Words of Jesus,” but his words on the cross were not the last words he uttered while on earth. After his resurrection, he spoke many words of encouragement to his disciples and followers. His conversations with these men and women truly are Jesus’ last words.
In this eight-session LifeGuide Bible study, The Risen Christ, you will meet the risen Jesus Christ and hear his words. Each of the 8 sessions focuses on a specific dialogue and passage of Scripture from the books of John and Acts. Discussion Questions follow the teaching and a “Now or Later” section helps you integrate the teachings into your personal life. Leader’s Notes included.
40 Days Living the Jesus Creed
By Scot McKnight / Paraclete Press
This bestselling 40-day devotional, based on The Jesus Creed (Jesus’ double commandment to love God and to love others), now comes with a Lenten study in the back of the book. Author Scot McKnight recites it throughout the day every day and challenges you to do the same. You may find that, if you do, you will learn to love God more creatively and passionately, and find new ways to love those around you.
Hard to Dance with the Devil on Your Back: A Lenten Study for Adults
By Ray Buckley / Abingdon Press
Known for his stories, poetry, and art, Buckley—interim director of the Center for Native American Spirituality and Christian Study—delineates the crescendo of events leading to the crucifixion so that all can learn how to cope with the stresses and strains of a crumbling world where light is dying out. 64 pages, softcover. Abingdon.
Jesus the King, Study Guide
By Timothy Keller / Zondervan
This powerful 9-session study from author Tim Keller focuses on the meaning and significance of Jesus’ life, based on the gospel of Mark. Is he the promised Messiah? Keller highlights the cosmic, historical, and personal dimensions of the story, encouraging everybody to re-examine their relationship with God.
Our Family Will Love Wall Plaque
By Lighthouse Christian Products
Rustic look wall plaque 16.5″ x 8.5″; distressed finish Family Scriptures. Our family will… live and accept one another, pray for one another, tell the truth to each other, be kind to one another, bring joy to each other, serve one another, be patient with each other, comfort one another, forgive one another, be generous with each other, honor each other. In a variety of artful typography styles, with Scripture references under each; mounted paper on laser cut MDF wood product. Faux distressed finish.
By Julia M. Bruce / WestBow Press