Book now to host this event!
Your church or ministry organization can host the God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars couples’ event based on the book by Julia M. Bruce. The GLMW event is a fun and interactive event that will challenge the married couples in your church to intentionally cultivate their marriage as they invest daily through the activities and guided discussions about God’s design for marriage.
You will not want to miss hosting this author-led event.
Building a Godly, healthy, strong marriage takes work. Yet many marriages — even Christian marriages — leave God outside of the relationship. Godly marriages do not happen without intentionally cultivating it, investing in it, and learning to put God first in your individual lives and in your marriage. We believe that one of the main missing ingredients in most marriage retreats and seminars is they are not teaching the importance of making God the first priority in marriage and individual lives and without God, marriages are more likely to fail. But when the marriage is forged with Godly and Biblical principles that are applied to both the marriage and the individuals, marriages are not only stronger, but so is the whole family. This, in turn, leads to healthier societies.
When couples attend other marriage retreats and conferences, they often get valuable information but when they return home, they rarely apply what they learn. However, when they combine the GLMW Event with the GLMW book, they get a year’s worth of intentional marriage-building instruction through guided Bible study and activities. They can also join the GLMW Facebook community where they can interact with other couples who are working through the book and join the daily discussions to further strengthen their marriage.
This event helps couples understand why the daily activities found in the book will equip them to build a stronger marriage and the book provides them with 365 intentional activities to take what they learn at the event and apply it on a daily basis. Through the event, couples will discover the “why” behind the categories of activities found in the book and “how” these activities are important to building a stronger marriage. Focus points of the event includes :
- How memorizing scripture and digging into God’s Word together will help them develop marriages that honor God as they study, meditate and apply scriptures related to marriage and life issues.
- Why utilizing fun conversation starters that spark meaningful conversations will keep interest alive as they continually learn new things about each other.
- Why keeping romance alive is essential to intimacy and connectivity.
- How making memories and working together builds relationship investment bonds and how these investment bonds can become the knots that keeps them together through the tough times.
- How they can understand what they are or are not contributing to the marriage as well as how they might be contributing to problems or potential problems within the relationship through the use of targeted, intentional personal reflections
- Why it is important that couples never stop dating and how group dates with Christian friends can be both an encouragement and accountability to their own relationship.
During the event, couples will be given an activity from each focus point to do together, making this event an interactive, fun, and engaging event with practical, hands-on learning.
Each couple will receive a copy of the God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars book signed by the author. For more information on hosting this event, complete the online form below..
We prefer a minimum of 25 couples so that the interactive activities are more fun and so couples can encourage, challenge, and learn from one another. Smaller churches can get with other area churches and co-host the event, so please don’t let our minimum preference prevent you from holding this event. We want to strengthen as many marriages as we can. If you are unable to collect 25 couples, contact us anyway and if we are going to be at a location near you, we will still come and lead this event or provide you with the information of the larger event near you that your church will be able to join.
To check available dates, request more information, or book now, please complete the online form below:
Your church’s or ministry’s investment:
- This event is best held as a Friday evening and all day Saturday event, but can be tailored for a smaller event and shorter time.
- We recommend that the host site provide 4 meals and 2 snacks, which includes beginning the event with dinner on Friday night and then breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday with a morning and afternoon snack on Saturday. Based on the financial situation of your church, you can build this expense into the price you charge per couple or provide it out of your church/ministry budget. Find ways to keep costs down, such as simple meals like spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread and see if local grocery stores will donate items such as one of the snacks or meat for one meal. You can then insert a “thank you” into your event program.
- Provide bottled water, tea, sodas to be available throughout the event.
- Travel expense for the event speaker to include hotel, meals not part of the conference, and either airfare and rental car or $0.50 per mile for driving as calculated by google maps (whichever is the lesser expense). Event leader will submit receipts for expenses.
- Conference fee payable to the event speaker: $900 per 25 couples (includes an autographed copy of the GLMW book per couple at the author’s discounted price), which equals $36 per couple. A non-refundable $250 booking fee is due at time of booking and will be subtracted from the total fee. Half of the remaining fee is due six weeks prior to the event. Balance will be due the day of the event. Should the event be cancelled by the church or ministry organization, fees are refundable (expect for the booking fee) up to two weeks prior to the event. It is preferred to reschedule the event instead of cancelling. Should the event leader cancel, all fees (including booking fee) will be refunded if a date to reschedule is not available.
- The church/ministry site will be responsible for determining the cost per couple, collecting fees, and obtaining RSVPs. To determine a cost per couple, estimate your total expenses and divide it by the estimated number of couples you expect to attend. Utilize volunteers as much as possible to keep the cost down. We also encourage you to seek out members willing to sponsor/scholarship another couple so that couples on a tight budget are able to attend. After setting your fee, set a low cost (approximately $25 per couple) as a sign-up fee. Half of the remaining amount due should be paid to you by eight weeks prior to the event. The remaining amount should be paid to you by two weeks prior to the event. If you wish, you can set additional payment dates along the way, to break up the expense and make it easier for couples to afford.
- The event leader will need access to the event site early Friday morning for set up and would appreciate volunteers on site to help.
- The GLMW team would need space to set up a place to sell products.
- Get buy-in from your pastoral and ministry staff. Your members will see the importance of attending if the pastoral/ministry staff attends.
- Consider setting up an on-line registration through your church’s website with payment by credit or debit card. You could also choose to set a discount if they pay in full.
- Consider setting up a mobile app for your event. The app could include a speaker bio, information about the praise and worship team, the event schedule, resources, social media, registration and payment, business and individual sponsors, a place to donate for event scholarships, and an appreciation for all your volunteers.
Optional Ideas For an Enhanced Experience:
- End the event with a group marriage vow renewal service led by your pastor. (If your pastor also wishes to participate in the marriage vow renewal, ask a pastor from a neighboring church to lead this) You can choose to follow this with a wedding-style reception with wedding cake, punch, and light finger foods, if you wish. You could also make this part of your Sunday morning service with a pot-lunch following the service.
- Inform smaller churches in your area that you are hosting the event and invite them to join you.
- Invite a praise and worship team/band from another local church to lead your group on Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, and Saturday evening. Consider offering them a free or discounted price to attend the event.
- Allow couples to invite family and friends to the vow renewal service and reception.
- Network with area restaurants and businesses to provide gift cards or passes that you can use to either provide each couple with at least one gift card or pass for a date night or create themed gift baskets with the cards/passes you receive that you can use as random give-aways throughout the event. You could also get donations from stores to make the gift baskets. Plan to acknowledge companies that donated items, gift cards, or passes at the event either on paper handouts or electronically via media projection. Be sure to send a thank you card to each company that donates.
Optional expenses or ways to utilize volunteers within your church/ministry organization:
- Workers to provide child care for children under 12.
- Plan a ministry project or fun event for teens at the same time as the event or use them as some of your volunteers for this event.
- Kitchen staff to prepare and serve meals
- Parking attendants (for larger events)
- Media staff to manage sound and media projection
- Purchase a GLMW welcome bag for each couple (includes a GLMW notebook and pen for taking notes, a GLMW Event t-shirt, and an informational page about the GLMW Facebook community page). You will need to collect shirt sizes with your registration. If you choose not to purchase the welcome bag, we are able to offer the t-shirts and notebooks for sale at the event. Price for welcome bag TBD.
- Purchase of printed official GLMW publicity package (prices TBD) or utilize our downloadable graphics (coming soon!) to create your own publicity.
- As soon as you book the event, begin promoting it on your church’s website. Speak with local radio stations about a free public service announcement. If your denomination has state and/or local offices, talk to them about putting it in their newsletters and websites if you want to invite the general public. Talk with area churches and see what other churches might want to participate. This will increase your attendance at the event as well as your pool of volunteer possibilities.
- If you would like to plan the event as a weekend “get-away,” the church/ministry organization would secure the venue and build the expense into the cost per couple. Hosting the event at your church/ministry site, will save couples money but can create more work for your staff/ministry teams.
- Purchase our complete GLMW event planning guide for step-by-step planning that includes time frames to keep your event on track and help you organize your teams through the planning process. (guide coming soon).
- You can decorate for this event anyway you wish – or not at all. You can go simple or extravagant. It’s all up to you and what your event budget will allow. You might consider a coffee shop theme which will correspond to the book cover.
- If you struggle with getting enough volunteers, offer them a discounted or free attendance at the event as your budget allows. At the very least, offer them free meals. We also suggest some small token of appreciation for every volunteer.
- ut out a call for vendors to set up booths with either free give-aways or to sell products at your event. You can charge vendors a booth fee that will increase your budget for the event and keep costs down for your attendees. All you need to do is provide a table for each vendor. Should they need access to an electrical outlet, place their table near an outlet and give them a higher vendor fee. Ideas for venders include your local Christian bookstore, members of your congregation that makes/sells crafts of any kind or those that sell products such as Plexus, Mary Kay, etc. Any restaurants or entertainment business (bowling, movies, adventure parks, etc.) in the area could also be invited. If you have a Christian adoption or foster care agency in your area, invite them as well.
Don’t forget to learn this week’s memory verse:
But the one who boasts should boast in this, that he understands and knows Me—that I am Yahweh, showing faithful love, justice, and righteousness on the earth,
for I delight in these things.
This is the Lord’s declaration.
Meditate and apply:
Will you commit to praying with us in 2020 that God will revive His people, renew our faith, and redeem our land? We feel such an urgency and desperation for revival. If God is moving your heart for revival, write your revival prayer in the comments along with your state or country.
#knowGod #headknowledge #heartknowledge #revivalinAmerica #revivalin2020 #WCM
This week’s featured design is based on Isaiah 43:19 which says: “I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert” and taken from the Christian song entitled “Way Maker.” The memory verse this week focuses on knowing God through experiencing Him – not just knowing about Him. Have you experienced God as your “way maker”, “miracle worker, promise keeper, or a light in a dark time in your life? If so, proclaim God for who He is in your life.
Available in tees for men, women, mugs, bags, and other products. Here’s a sample of a few of the products you can choose with this design. Check out all the available products in the Spreadshirt shop.
All proceeds go to the advancement of Wellspring Christian Ministries.
Thank you for helping us grow!
#waymaker #miracleworker #promisekeeper #lightinthedarkness #myGod #whoyouare #spreadshop
Looking for a keynote speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants. Today, Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities, regardless of size.
Or call us at 904.524.8073
#JuliaBruce #speaker #keynote #author
Check out these items from Christian Book Distributors.
Wellspring receives an 8% commission for any item purchased at CBD through any of these links. Your cost to purchase any item through an affiliate link is the same as purchasing directly from CBD.
Clicking any affiliate link will open a new browser page and take you to Christian Book Distributor’s website.
Made to Move Mountains: How God Uses Our Dreams and Disasters to Accomplish the Impossible
By Kristen Welch / Baker Books
The Key to Living by Faith (Hebrews)
By Harvest House Publishers
This powerful series is ideal for personal study, small groups, Sunday school classes, family devotions, and discipling others. Days One through Six provide approximately 15 minutes of guided lessons to help you discover God’s precepts, purposes and promises on your own. Questions for group discussion or individual study are provided on Day Seven along with commentary and a memory verse. Find the wisdom you need to address the issues of life and grow closer in your relationship with God.
Faithful, Abundant, True – Member Book: Three Lives Going Deeper Still
By Beth Moore, Kay Arthur & Priscilla Shirer / Lifeway
The Faithful, Abundant, True: Three Lives Going Deeper Still Member Book is a versatile study guide that can be used in a retreat setting or for a seven-session study. Beth, Kay, and Priscilla each present two weeks of study in a brief format that will take most women 15 to 30 minutes daily. As a bonus, Faithful, Abundant, and True Member Book includes a partnership with HomeLife Magazine in which each of the three speakers’ section also includes an article from HomeLife that illustrates faithfulness, abundance, and truth. The Member Book includes 6 Weeks of Guided Study, a Retreat Plan (great for a Friday evening – Saturday evening schedule), and Group Leader Helps.
Pursuing A Deeper Faith-Life Principles Study Series Vol 19
By Charles F. Stanley / Thomas Nelson
Each workbook in Charles Stanley’s Life Principles Study Series features ten lessons that include Scripture study, questions for discussion or reflection, and application. In Develop a Closer Relationship with God, Stanley shares God’s invitation to grow in a heart relationship with Him, to hear His voice speaking to your spirit, and to feel a deep assurance that you are locked into a forever relationship that cannot be severed. Perfect for small group studies, a Sunday school class, or individual study.
Everything is Possible Study Guide: Understanding the Six Phases of Faith
By Rick Warren / Zondervan
How’s your faith? Is it strong or weak? Is it steady or stretched? It’s an important question, because there’s a lot riding on your answer. More importantly, would you like your faith to be stronger? That’s what this six-session video study from ‘America’s most influential spiritual leader’ is all about. Faith, according to Pastor Rick Warren, is like a muscle. It needs to be exercised and developed.
And God uses a predictable pattern and process to build your faith. It’s what Warren calls the Six Phases of Faith. Once you understand these six phases, you can cooperate with God in the process of strengthening your faith and building your character. The Six Phases of Faith is a groundbreaking small group video study with participant’s guide that will help you uncover and participate in God’s unique plan and purpose for your life.
Mustard Seed Pendant
By Angel Star
Mustard seed pendant features seed surrounded by clear acrylic. 1″ pendant on 18″ nickel free chain with 2″ extender.In the story of the Mustard seed, even with faith the size of this tiny seed, you can still move mountains. These real seeds are reminders that with just a little faith, anything is possible.
Rounded Mustard Seed Drop Earrings, Silver
By Finesta Corporation
Rounded silver-tone drop earrings with mustard seeds on earring wires. 0.5″.
Mustard Seed Stone
By Angel Star
Mustard seed pocket stone features Faith with seed surrounded by clear acrylic. 1.25″.In the story of the Mustard seed, even with faith the size of this tiny seed, you can still move mountains. These real seeds are reminders that with just a little faith, anything is possible.
By Jim Cymbala with Dean Merrill / Zondervan
Pastor Jim Cymbala calls us back to a fiery, passionate preoccupation with God that will restore what the enemy has stolen from us: our first love for Jesus, our zeal, our troubled children, our wounded marriages, our broken and divided churches.Born out of the heart and soul of Brooklyn Tabernacle, the message of Fresh Faith is illustrated by true stories of men and women whose lives have been changed through the power of faith.
The same faith that can transform your life – starting today, if you choose.
Beautiful Outlaw: Experiencing the Playful, Disruptive, Extravagant Personality of Jesus
By John Eldredge / FaithWords
Jesus was accused of breaking the law, keeping bad company, and drinking. He had a sense of humor; his generosity was scandalous; his anger was fearsome; and he said outrageous things. Eldredge replaces our 2-dimensional picture of the Savior with a brilliant portrait—and invites you to experience an intimate relationship with a colorful Christ! 240 pages, softcover from Faithwords.
Faith Like a Mustard Seed, Matthew 17:20 Bracelet
By Finesta Corporation
Chunky fashion bracelet of purple and silvertone beads with mustard seed cross charm and engraved Scripture tag If you have faith as small as a mustard seed…Nothing will be impossible for you. Matthew 17:20.Textured and engraved beads add style on stretch bracelet with toggle clasp; 7″ stretch bracelet designed to fit the wrist of most women; A unique and beautiful Christian jewelry design to encourage you to trust God.
Please note: the faceted stones on this topselling bracelet may vary in shading depending on the light in which they are photographed.
Finding God Faithful, Bible Study Book
By Kelly Minter / Lifeway
Trace the path of Joseph’s life in the Book of Genesis to observe how God’s sovereignty reigns, even in our darkest moments. Learn to recognize when God is working during periods of waiting, trust God’s plan when life doesn’t make sense, and rest in the sufficiency of His presence in every circumstance. His provision is enough, His presence is constant, and His purpose is unstoppable. (8 sessions)
- Leader helps to guide questions and discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments to complete between 8 weeks of group sessions
- Interactive teaching videos, approximately 35 minutes per session
- Place your hope in the God who is with you.
- Learn to trust God’s purposes when life doesn’t make sense.
- Recognize how God is working in your waiting.
- Rest in the sufficiency of God’s presence in every circumstance.
Better: A Study of Hebrews, Bible Study Book
By Jen Wilkin / Lifeway
Ever Faithful: 365-Day Devotional
By David Jeremiah / Thomas Nelson
Embrace a stronger understanding of God’s nature—and transform your faith into a living, breathing relationship with him! Jeremiah’s daily devotions feature Scripture; a brief meditation on topics including trusting in God’s faithfulness, the Lord’s plans for his children, and how to live in his peace; and insightful questions for reflection. Includes a ribbon marker. 400 pages, hardcover from Nelson.
Follower: Becoming More than Just a Fan of Jesus
By Kyle Idleman / Zondervan
Jesus calls us to chase after him—not cheer for his cause! Idleman invites you to take an honest look at your relationship with the Lord. He believes Christian faith isn’t about walking a comfortable and reassuring path, but stepping into a new identity as a follower of Christ. Based on his bestseller Not a Fan. 160 pages, hardcover from Zondervan.
Don’t Give Up: Faith That Gives You the Confidence to Keep Believing and the Courage to Keep Going
By Kyle Idleman / Baker Books
There are times in life when the giants seem too big and the game gets too intense. We want to throw in the towel, preserve ourselves, and hide. But we are called to more!
In Don’t Give Up, Kyle Idleman explores the seasons of life where we feel as if we are hanging by a thread. Through relatable stories and Biblical encouragement, he encourages us to cast our concerns on God, trust in his love and timing, pray for patience and strength, and seek out support in the family of God.
Come With Me: Discovering the Beauty of Following Where He Leads
By Suzanne Eller / Bethany House
It’s the ultimate invitation! Christ is calling you to a lifetime of unpredictable adventure. Now you must decide whether to accept. As you study the stories of Jesus’ disciples, you’ll be challenged to step back from your day-to-day worries and “to do” list; and move toward the One who promises to delight and surprise his people.
Only Jesus: What It Really Means to Be Saved
By John MacArthur / Thomas Nelson
What does Jesus mean by “Follow me”? Your answer is crucial to your understanding of the Christian gospel! MacArthur explores what the Bible says about who this Galilean is, defines saving grace, clarifies why Christ must be savior and lord of your life, and more. An update and abridgment of The Gospel According to Jesus. 173 pages, 4.5″ x 7.25″ hardcover from Zondervan.
Moving Mountains: Praying with Passion, Confidence, and Authority
By John Eldredge / Thomas Nelson
Is there a right way to pray? Why doesn’t God always say yes? Is he listening? Countering the idea that prayer’s purpose is to seek divine intervention, Eldredge shows that it’s actually about partnering with God. Discover your role in breaking sin’s strongholds, bringing about healing, and more as you claim your authority as God’s child! 256 pages, softcover from Nelson.
Walking With God: Talk to Him. Hear from Him. Really.
By John Eldredge / Thomas Nelson
Walking with God moves through a year in the life of John Eldredge, showing and teaching what an intimate relationship with God looks like day-to-day. Among other important points, it will teach you how to make decisions aligning with God’s will, understand barriers and “agreements” keeping you from the life God intends, and how to fight spiritual battles for yourself and others. Learn how walking with God intimately can be a normal part of the Christian life.
By Kay Arthur / Harvest House Publishers
* Discover the truth of God’s Word for yourself! The Book of Romans is Paul’s clearest presentation of the gospel—and includes answers to some of life’s most important questions. How can I have peace with God? How can I know God’s will? Does being religious make me a Christian? For personal or group study. 144 pages, softcover from Harvest.
Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire
By Jim Cymbala with Dean Merrill / Zondervan
Every Tuesday night the Brooklyn Tabernacle is standing room only—for a prayer meeting! In this expanded edition, Pastor Cymbala shares updated stories of what God continues to do there. You’ll be led on your own journey to spiritual awakening; and be inspired to listen more closely for his voice and pray with utter dependence on him. 224 pages, softcover from Zondervan.
By Julia M. Bruce / WestBow Press
There’s no doubt that marriage is hard work. Yet it can also be one of the most fulfilling relationships you can experience, outside of your relationship with God. However, many marriages leave God outside of the relationship. Godly marriages do not happen without cultivating it, investing in it, and putting God first in your individual lives and in your marriage.
This book includes 365 daily activities and takes you on a journey through Biblical principles about Godly marriage that you can then apply to your marriage, as well as helping you talk through concepts that can help you develop a solid relationship. Inside you will find simple, quick activities that include:
• Scripture to memorize and meditate on
• Conversation Starters
• Concepts from the Bible on Godly marriages
• Romance Builders
• Relationship Builders
• Personal reflections
• Date ideas
• Group date ideas for you and other Christian couples