- Look through the list of things that Paul teaches we should put away once we become a Christian. Which of these do you personally, still need to work on getting rid of?
- Which of these do you need to put away from your marriage relationship?
- Spend time individually and together praying and asking God to forgive you for these areas and to help you trade these for Godly characteristics.
- For each of the areas you struggle in, write the word on paper. Now cross through it and write a word that is a Godly characteristic you can replace it with.
- Choose a Bible verse for the Godly characteristics you wrote down and begin memorizing those verses and whenever you catch yourself going back to the old ways, be quick to stop right then and ask God to forgive you and repeat the verse you memorized.