Today we invite the people of God to join us in fasting and prayer for a revival in America. Beginning at 6 am we will be giving a focus area of prayer for each hour until 10 pm. Please join us each hour in prayer. During this next few hours our focus will be on repentance.
10 am Revival prayer focus:
This hour pray that God convict His people of sin and that they will respond by turning from their wicked ways. We are going to begin our focus of repentance on the Ten Commandments
Revival begins with God’s people.
2 Chronicles 7:14 says: “If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways…”
1 John 2:4 says, “He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” We’re going to look at the Ten Commandments, but before you read them, take a moment and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you any unconfessed sin for each one of the Commandments. Then read each one and pause before going to the next one and as the Holy Spirit reveal any sin for that commandment, stop and confess it and ask for forgiveness. You’ll find the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20.
The Ten Commandments
- Have no other gods before me. What in your life have you placed before God?
- Do not have any graven images. We call these idols. You may not have a “graven image” that you worship, but have you made anything or anyone an idol in your life?
- Do not take the name of God in vain. We call this “cussing” today. What is your language like? When no one else is around, what words come out of your mouth? What is it like in a crisis? What is it like in your thoughts?
- Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. We recognize the Sabbath as Sunday. Do we set that day aside and keep it holy by going to church and worshiping God – or do we spend it at the beach, on the lake fishing, at the NFL game, or at the mall? What is your attitude about church? Do you go because it’s expected or required or do you with joy and anticipation and an attitude of worship?
- Honor your father and mother. What is your attitude towards your parents? Do you speak of them with honor? Do you care for them as they age? Is there any bitterness, anger, or unforgiveness in your heart towards them? Do you give them respect? If you are still at home, do you obey them?
- You shall not murder. Don’t be too quick to pass this one by. Have you ever had an abortion? In Matthew 5, Jesus says that whoever is angry with another person is also guilty of murder. Do you have any unresolved anger with anyone?
- Do not commit adultery. You may have have physically been faithful to your spouse, but what about mentally? Do you have lustful thoughts of another woman or man? Jesus said in Matthew 5:28 that whoever looks on another person with lust in their heart is guilty of adultery.
- You shall not steal. You may or may not be guilty of stealing something that could land you in jail. But have you taken office items from work when you shouldn’t have? Or have you borrowed something from someone but never returned it?
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Have you gossiped about someone lately? Or have you told someone something about another person that wasn’t true? Have you lied at all?
- Thou shalt not covet. To covet is to desire what someone else has. It could be materialistic in nature such as a new car or home that someone else has. It could be another person such as someone’s spouse. If you have looked at anything or anyone and said, “I wish I had that,” then you have coveted that which you are wishing for.
“The coming revival must begin with a great prayer revival. It is in the closet, with the door shut, that the sound of abundant revival will be first heard. An increase in the secret prayer of ministers and members will be the sure herald of blessing.”Andrew Murray
Join us in prayer:
Father, I acknowledge that am not without sin. You said in your word that everyone of us are sinners. And I sin each and every day. As I spend this hour with you, reveal to me the ways I have broken your commandments. Give me a heart of true repentance. Help me not to offer you excuses but to humbly seek your forgiveness. Create in me a clean heart, O Lord, and renew a right spirit within me. Forgive me and remember my sin no more.
As you continue in prayer, confess the areas of sin the Holy Spirit has revealed to you and seek God’s forgiveness.
In the name of Jesus, Amen.
#revival #America #repentance #prayandfast
Bible Studies, Bibles, Books & More
Looking for a Bible Study, Bible, book or Christian gift? We are an affiliate with Christianbook Distributors and receive an 8% commission on any item purchased through one of our links. However, the commission never increases your cost of any item. View some of our favorite items by clicking on the logo and thank you for supporting our ministry.
What’s Inside God, Love and Marshmallow Wars?
This book includes 365 daily activities and takes you on a guided journey through Biblical principles about Godly marriage that you can then apply to your marriage, as well as helping you talk through concepts that can help you develop a solid relationship. Inside you will find simple, quick activities that include:
- Scripture to memorize and meditate on
- Conversation Starters
- Concepts from the Bible on Godly marriages
- Romance Builders
- Relationship Builders
- Personal reflections
- Date ideas
- Group date ideas for you and other Christian couples
Available in hardback, paperback and ebook from Westbow Press Bookstore, Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel. Click the icons below to purchase from your preferred bookstore. Now also available at WalMart online.
Join the community of couples on Facebook who are committed to intentionally growing their marriage and learning how to have a marriage that honors God. Here you can post photos of the different activities as you do them, ask questions of other couples, share how God is using this book to strengthen your marriage, and grow with other Christian couples. We’ll see you in the community.