Each week we will post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
Take careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Meditate and apply:
- How careful have you been about obeying God’s commands?
- Do you love God with all your heart and soul?
- In what ways are you walking in His ways? Are there areas in your life that are not walking in His way?
- Are you holding fast to God? In times of trouble do you begin to doubt His promises?
- Are you serving Him with all your heart and soul? If you are then you are giving 100% to all you do – whether it’s at home, on the job, in your marriage, parenting, or in your relationships with friends and family.
- Think for a moment about your job. Have you thought about that job as a way to serve God? No matter what job you have – a ministry position, finances, management, retail, housekeeping, customer service, social work, counseling, construction, plumbing, homemaker, or any other job – you have been strategically placed there by God – and you should do the job to which you have been called as serving God and therefore doing it with all your heart and soul. If you are doing “just enough to get by” then you’re not serving Him with all your heart and soul.