Each week we post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
This week’s verse:
I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?
Meditate and apply:
- This verse takes place after the death of Lazarus. When Jesus arrived, Lazarus had already been dead four days. His sisters, Mary and Martha, and those who knew Lazarus were mourning his death. Jesus tells Martha that her brother will live again. Martha replied that she understood that he would “rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” But Jesus was telling her that Lazarus would live again…right then. He goes on to say that He is the resurrection and the life for all who believe on Him. Then Jesus asks Martha, “Do you believe this?”
- Ephesians 2:1 tells us that we are dead in our sins and Romans 6:23 says that the wages we earn for our sin is death. But Jesus conquered death and when we place our faith and trust in Him, He forgives us of our sin and cleanses us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- Because Jesus is “the life” He is able to give abundant and eternal life to those who believe in Him.
- Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Me.” (John 14:6). And in John 10:9, Jesus said, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
- It is only through the resurrection power of Jesus that we are raised out of a dead life of sin and into a new, eternal life with Jesus. Even if we face death on earth, our soul will never die if we believe in Christ.
- Jesus is asking you today the same question He asked Martha: “Do you believe this?”
When Jesus arrived four days after Lazarus’ death, He tells Martha that He is the resurrection and the life for all who believe on Him. He then asks her, “Do you believe this?” Jesus is asking you the same question today. –click to tweet
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants.
Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities.
Or call us at 904.524.8073