A daily verse about the state of our nation and time for Christians reflect and unite in prayer, asking God to send a revival across our land and turn our nation back to Him.
Do we need a revival?
Isaiah 13 is a prophecy against Babylon as Isaiah saw the terrible desolation of Babylon by the Medes and Persians. The Babylonians were proud, and haughty. They persisted in their idolatries and oppressions. But when you read verses 10-16, Isaiah describes what will happen when God brings judgement on them through the conquering Medes and Persians.
Isaiah says, their faces shall be scorched with the flame. All comfort and hope shall fail. The stars of heaven shall not give their light, the sun shall be darkened. Such expressions are often employed by the prophets, to describe the convulsions of governments. God will judge them for their iniquity, particularly the sin of pride, which brings men low. There shall be a general scene of horror. Those who join themselves to Babylon, must expect to share her plagues (Revelation 18:4).
What Isaiah sees in his vision are the Medes and Persians cruel and inhuman acts that shows how corrupt the nature of man is become. Even infants do not escape their tyranny and are killed.
The Day of the Lord
Isaiah says that the Day of the Lord as come. He is speaking in both the “prophetic tense,” having in mind both a near fulfillment (the day of judgment against the Babylonian Empire), and an ultimate fulfillment (the final day of judgment at the return of Jesus). The Day of the Lord will, indeed, be terrible with wrath and fierce anger, far beyond what is described in Isaiah 13. In fact, God wanted us to be just as forewarned as Babylon was. The entire book of Revelation tells us what we can expect in the end times to come. During that time, there will not be any place for the sinner to flee to, or attempt an escape. However, just as the Babylonians continued to live just the way they wanted, today few act as though they believe the Day of the Lord will come.
From The Message Bible:
“Watch now. God’s Judgement Day comes. Cruel it is, a day of wrath and anger, A day to waste the earth and clean out all the sinners.” — Isaiah 13:9 (MSG)
The Need for Revival
- The judgment of God’s wrath comes on those who forsake and completely abandon what amounts to both the tablets of the Law: loving God and loving others. It comes about as the result of forsaking the One True God for another and by exploiting and overcoming others for one’s own gain. It is the complete rejection of God personally and His Law completely.
- How does this apply to our nation today? Do our actions as a nation warrant God’s wrath?
- The alternative to God cleaning out the sinners through His wrath and judgement is for God’s people (Christians) to humble themselves, pray, seek God’s face, and turn from their wicked ways. Then, 2 Chronicles 7:14 tells us that God will hear us from heaven, forgive our sin, and heal our land. The alternative to God’s wrath is a revival that sweeps across our nation and changes the hearts of its people and it begins with the people of God.
Praying for Revival
Consider a day of fasting and prayer as you meditate on 2 Chronicles 7:14.
- In what ways do you need to humble yourself before God?
- Do you pray for a revival for your own heart and our nation?
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any sin in your life and confess that to God.
- Seeking God’s face is like having an hunger and thirst to know Him. How much do you really want to know God and have an intimate relationship with Him. Is He merely your “fire insurance” to keep you out of hell? Or is He the Holy One you worship with total love and abandon?
- What wicked ways do you need to turn away from?
- Ask God to hear your prayers for repentance and revival, to forgive your sin and heal our land.
Lord, send a revival and let it begin in me.
What’s so important about the names of God? Each one reveals to us a characteristic about God so that we can understand and know Him in that characteristic. This design honors some of the most popular names of God. See all the available products in the store.
God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars
by Julia M. Bruce
What’s Inside God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars?
This book includes 365 daily activities and takes you on a guided journey through Biblical principles about Godly marriage that you can then apply to your marriage, as well as helping you talk through concepts that can help you develop a solid relationship. Inside you will find simple, quick activities that include:
- Scripture to memorize and meditate on
- Conversation Starters
- Concepts from the Bible on Godly marriages
- Romance Builders
- Relationship Builders
- Personal reflections
- Date ideas
- Group date ideas for you and other Christian couples
Available in hardback, paperback and ebook from Westbow Press Bookstore, Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel. Click the icons below to purchase from your preferred bookstore. Now also available at WalMart online.
Join the community of couples on Facebook who are committed to intentionally growing their marriage and learning how to have a marriage that honors God. Here you can post photos of the different activities as you do them, ask questions of other couples, share how God is using this book to strengthen your marriage, and grow with other Christian couples. We’ll see you in the community.
We have two Christmas Playlists on YouTube
Bible Studies, Bibles, Books & More
Looking for a Bible Study, Bible, book or Christian gift? We are an affiliate with Christianbook Distributors and receive an 8% commission on any item purchased through one of our links. However, the commission never increases your cost of any item. View some of our favorite items by clicking on the logo and thank you for supporting our ministry.
Wellspring Christian Ministries receives an 8% commission on any purchased made from Christian Book Distributors through any affiliate link on this site. Your price for any item is the same as purchasing from CBD directly.