A daily verse about the state of our nation and time for Christians reflect and unite in prayer, asking God to send a revival across our land and turn our nation back to Him. If you long for revival in America (or your nation) we invite you to reflect on these daily verses and join us in praying for revival.
Today’s Bible verse for Revival
From The Message Bible:
By working righteousness, Holy God will show what “holy” is.
The Need for Revival
We tend to look at people who sin worse than we do and then lie to ourselves and say, “I’m not doing so bad.” But when we stand before Holy God, the only measuring of our lives will be against His own righteousness. God doesn’t look at sin as “little” or “big.” Sin is sin and when we compare ourselves to a righteous, Holy God (the only One whom we should compare ourselves to!), we all fall short. Romans 3:10 says, “None is righteous, no, not one.” When we find ourselves thinking we’re not as bad as the next person, we need to stop and see how we measure up in the eyes of God. When we measure ourselves against the only person by whom we should measure, we will see the need of a revival in our own heart.
What the Bible says about our unrighteousness
- We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. Isaiah 64:6
- Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice. Jeremiah 22:13
- For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. Romans 1:18
- They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. And they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them. Romans 1:29-32
- But for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury. Romans 2:8
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
Because we are all “unrighteous” everyone of us needs to experience revival
As you read through those verses, did the Holy Spirit reveal anything to you about your own unrighteousness? Christians need to be careful about using our salvation and God’s gift of grace and forgiveness as freedom to sin. It’s true that once we are saved, we cannot lose our salvation but that doesn’t mean that we can abuse God’s grace and live however we want to.
The church in Rome must have had this problem because in Romans 6:15, Paul writes to the church and says, “What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means!” In fact, because we are filled with the Holy Spirit, there should be a conviction within us whenever we sin. As a Christian, there should be an overwhelming love in our hearts for the sacrifice Jesus made with His own life to pay the price for our sin so that we can have enteral life. It should break our hearts when we sin.
Praying for Revival
We need to stop looking at those who sin more than us and using them to compare ourselves to. Today, take time to compare yourself with the Holy, righteous God and ask Him to show you where you fall short. Then confess and repent and ask Him to forgive you.
Lord, send a revival and let it begin in me.
Visit our three retail experiences:
Our Christmas tees are back in the Spreadshop Store
Do you have an event on the calendar and need a speaker?
We’re offering 30% off our speaker fees as our gift to you if you book any 2022 event with us by December 31, 2021. Call today and use the discount code: CHRISTMAS2021.
We’re thankful for the opportunity to be a part of your ministry and can’t wait to see you – no matter what size your event.
Please give to our ministry and help us grow
God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars
by Julia M. Bruce
What’s Inside God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars?
This book includes 365 daily activities and takes you on a guided journey through Biblical principles about Godly marriage that you can then apply to your marriage, as well as helping you talk through concepts that can help you develop a solid relationship. Inside you will find simple, quick activities that include:
- Scripture to memorize and meditate on
- Conversation Starters
- Concepts from the Bible on Godly marriages
- Romance Builders
- Relationship Builders
- Personal reflections
- Date ideas
- Group date ideas for you and other Christian couples
Available in hardback, paperback and ebook from Westbow Press Bookstore, Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel. Click the icons below to purchase from your preferred bookstore. Now also available at WalMart online.
Join the community of couples on Facebook who are committed to intentionally growing their marriage and learning how to have a marriage that honors God. Here you can post photos of the different activities as you do them, ask questions of other couples, share how God is using this book to strengthen your marriage, and grow with other Christian couples. We’ll see you in the community.
Need some music to get you through the day? Check out one of our Playlists on YouTube
You can also watch our animated devotionals on the YouTube Channel
Bible Studies, Bibles, Books & More
Looking for a Bible Study, Bible, book or Christian gift? We are an affiliate with Christianbook Distributors and receive an 8% commission on any item purchased through one of our links. However, the commission never increases your cost of any item. View some of our favorite items by clicking on the logo and thank you for supporting our ministry.
Wellspring Christian Ministries receives an 8% commission on any purchased made from Christian Book Distributors through any affiliate link on this site. Your price for any item is the same as purchasing from CBD directly.