A daily verse about the state of our nation and time for Christians reflect and unite in prayer, asking God to send a revival across our land and turn our nation back to Him.
Do we need a revival?
These verses are often used as words of praise. But when the people of God take Him for granted, don’t give Him thanks, do not take the time to call on His name or make His mighty deeds known and do not exalt His name above all, then complacency has set in and we, His people, are not being salt and light to a lost and dark world.
From The Message Bible:
“Give thanks to God. Call out his name. Ask him anything! Shout to the nations, tell them what he’s done, spread the news of his great reputation!” — Isaiah 12:4-6 (MSG)
The Need for Revival
- Are you truly thankful for all that God does for you – so much so that your “cup runneth over” and your praise just tumbles out of you?
- When you call out the name of God, is it as a cuss word? Do you toss around His name as if He is a genie in a bottle? Or do you say it with the honor and respect He deserves. In Matthew 6:9, Jesus gives the disciples a lesson on how to pray. We commonly call this, “The Lord’s Prayer.” Jesus’ model for prayer begins with, “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.” The world “hallowed” means, “made holy; consecreated; greatly revered and honored. Is this how you treat the name of God when you call out to Him?
- We can go to Him and ask him anything. Do you ask Him to send a revival to our nation? Do you have a higher priority, such as asking for a new house, car, or that one thing you really hope you get for Christmas this year?
- How often do you proclaim what God has done to those you meet, or your co-workers, friends, or family? If you refuse to, then you a putting your light under a bushel when our world desperately needs to know Jesus!
Praying for Revival
In quiet moments with the Holy Spirit, ask Him to reveal to you all the things God has done for you in 2020. Make a list. Take time to thank God and praise Him for each thing on your list.
If you have been convicted that you haven’t treated God’s name with the reverence it deserves, confess that now. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you only speak His name in a manner that honors Him.
Pray for revival for our nation.
Ask the Holy Spirit to show you someone today who you can tell what God has done in your life.
Lord, send a revival and let it begin in me.
What’s so important about the names of God? Each one reveals to us a characteristic about God so that we can understand and know Him in that characteristic. This design honors some of the most popular names of God. See all the available products in the store.
God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars
by Julia M. Bruce
What’s Inside God, Love, and Marshmallow Wars?
This book includes 365 daily activities and takes you on a guided journey through Biblical principles about Godly marriage that you can then apply to your marriage, as well as helping you talk through concepts that can help you develop a solid relationship. Inside you will find simple, quick activities that include:
- Scripture to memorize and meditate on
- Conversation Starters
- Concepts from the Bible on Godly marriages
- Romance Builders
- Relationship Builders
- Personal reflections
- Date ideas
- Group date ideas for you and other Christian couples
Available in hardback, paperback and ebook from Westbow Press Bookstore, Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel. Click the icons below to purchase from your preferred bookstore. Now also available at WalMart online.
Join the community of couples on Facebook who are committed to intentionally growing their marriage and learning how to have a marriage that honors God. Here you can post photos of the different activities as you do them, ask questions of other couples, share how God is using this book to strengthen your marriage, and grow with other Christian couples. We’ll see you in the community.
We have two Christmas Playlists on YouTube
Bible Studies, Bibles, Books & More
Looking for a Bible Study, Bible, book or Christian gift? We are an affiliate with Christianbook Distributors and receive an 8% commission on any item purchased through one of our links. However, the commission never increases your cost of any item. View some of our favorite items by clicking on the logo and thank you for supporting our ministry.
Wellspring Christian Ministries receives an 8% commission on any purchased made from Christian Book Distributors through any affiliate link on this site. Your price for any item is the same as purchasing from CBD directly.