Each week we post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
This week’s memory verse:
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Meditate and apply:
- This verse says all scripture. That means even the parts that you might not like. You can’t keep the feel good parts and do away with the doom and judgement parts. You can’t pretend that the verses in the Bible that convict you of sin don’t exist. God gave us the Bible in its entirety. However, when Paul wrote this he primarily was referring to the Old Testament because the New Testament had not yet been written. But since the New Testament is part of our Bible today, the word “all” for us also applies to the New Testament. The Bible is incomplete without the New Testament for it tells us of Jesus being born, His life, death, and resurrection. It also tells us how the early church was started and the persecution it endured as the gospel message was taken to the Gentiles nations.
- Scripture was given. It is God’s letter to us. It is His instruction manual for living a godly life. It is His wisdom given to us.
- Scripture was written by the inspiration of God. He used humans to write down what He wanted us to know by inspiring them with His words. The word translated “inspiration” means “God-breathed.” God breathed into the various writers His Words that would be our guide and the way that He would speak to us today through the prompting of the Holy Spirit within us.
- Scripture is profitable. We gain something from when as we study it and apply it.
a) It is profitable for doctrine – it teaches us and provides us with the theology we need so that we can have an understanding of our lostness and brokeness without Christ and that He is our only way to salvation.
b) It is profitable for reproof – it exposes, points out, and convicts us of sin.
c) It is profitable for correction – it offers a solution for our sin by correcting our sinful behavior and telling us how to live a godly lifestyle.
d)It is profitable for instruction in righteousness – Similar to doctrine which teaches us how to live, instruction in righteousness is a more focused training on practical application.
In a nutshell, The Bible is our guide to learning what is true, what is wrong, how to correct wrong, and how to apply truth.
5. God had a purpose for giving us the Bible. The Bible’s purpose was to make us completely and thoroughly equipped to do the work that God calls us to do.
Become a distributor of Living Water with us by joining our fundraising campaign as we grow and expand our ministry. Click here to make your secure tax-deductible contribution.
BOOKING NOW to be a host site for the NEW God, Love & Marshmallow Wars Book Tour & Couples Conference:
This event helps couples understand why the daily activities found in the book will equip them to build a stronger marriage and the book provides them with 365 intentional activities to take what they learn at the event and apply it on a daily basis. Through the event, couples will discover the Biblical “why” behind the categories of activities found in the book and the “how” these activities are important to building a stronger marriage. Focus points of the event includes :
- How memorizing scripture together and studying God’s Word together as they study, meditate and apply scriptures related to marriage and life issues will help them develop marriages that honor God.
- Why utilizing fun conversation starters that spark meaningful conversations will keep interest alive as they continually learn new things about each other.
- Why keeping romance alive is essential to intimacy and connectivity.
- How making memories and working together builds relationship investment bonds and how these investment bonds can become the knots that keeps them together through the tough times.
- How they can understand what they are or are not contributing to the marriage as well as how they might be contributing to problems or potential problems within the relationship through the use of targeted, intentional personal reflections
- Why it is important that couples never stop dating and how group dates with Christian friends can be both an encouragement and accountability to their own relationship.
During the event, couples will be given an activity from each focus point to do together, making this event an interactive, fun, and engaging event with practical, hands-on learning. Unlike other couple events that are over when the event ends, couples who attend the GLMW event will be able to apply what they learn when utilizing the book on a daily basis for a year. Since the book is not dated, couples are able to reuse the activities year after year to continue being intentional in strengthening their relationship with each other and with God as they strive to live out God’s design for marriage every day.
Learn more about hosting this event at your church or conference site by clicking here.
About the book: The GLMW book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
#GLMW #couplesevent #GLMWbook #intentionalmarriage #Godlymarriage
T-shirt Fundraiser Event: We have a new product line of Christian apparel and accessories available in our Teespring Store and our new Spreadshop Store. You’ll find tee shirts, hoodies, tanks, socks, leggings, tote bags, mugs, iphone cases and more.
We’ve added a fall line to our Spreadshop Store! Order today because it will be gone soon as we gear up for the upcoming Holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas items available soon.
All proceeds go to the advancement of Wellspring Christian Ministries.
Thank you for helping us grow!
#fundraiser #tshirt #WCM #teespring #spreadshop
Looking for a keynote speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants. Today, Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities, regardless of size.
Or call us at 904.524.8073
#JuliaBruce #speaker #keynote #author
Wellspring receives an 8% commission for any item purchased
at CBD through any of these links.
|Thankful Blessed and Pumpkin Spice Obsessed Stick Plaque
Special sentiment on skinny strip of pine wood
|Harvest Blessings Jute Hanging Decor
Add personality to any space you call your own with pine slat wood sign
|Have A Blessed Day Candle
Jar candle 26 ounce size
||Family Table Runner
Poly linen table runner 72″ x 13″
|Gather Together Table Runner
Table runner adds the finishing touch to your dining room or eating area. Crafted of 100% cotton, it’s equally at home in country, cottage, or contemporary rooms.
|Taste And See, Salt And Pepper Shaker Set
White ceramic salt and pepper set with tray, right at home in your kitchen or on your dining table.Scripture verse quotes in uspcale font design.
|Gather Here Platter
Oval ceramic platter
|Give Thanks Round Platter
Glass Fusion ® art platter designed by Lori Siebert in vibrant and artful style to your fall table. Give thanks in swirling font; 13″ round platter.Handwash only; not intended for microwave.Distinctive technique of colroed glass and iridescent metallic finish. For entertaining and celebrating all year round.
|Give Thanks Light Box
Add warmth to your room decor with plug-in light box framed design
|So Very Thankful Incredibly Grateful And Unbelievably Blessed, Pallet Art
Rustic wall decor made of natural pine slats; simple yet refined accent for your home.
|Harvest Blessings Ceramic Vase
Ceramic gift vase in creamy white
|Give Thanks Ceramic Crock with Candle
Ceramic crock in farmhouse style with pumpkin motif
|But First Coffee House Sign
Shaped structures in wood with decorative architectural details and words of inspiration
|Fall Wreath Door Hanger
Fall door decor creates a warm welcome to your home
|Thankful & Blessed Door Mat
Seasonal doormat to welcome fall
|Thankful Pumpkins, Tea Towel
Tea towel with appliqued stacked pumpkins
|God’s Starting Point Mug
True and Write Gift Collection in bold font design
|Gather Here Pie Place
Pie plate in black and white; Gather Here Collection