Each week we will post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
February 25-March 3
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Meditate and apply:
- A person could gain every bit of wealth, fame, fortune, etc. this world could offer, but without Christ as their Savior, their soul is lost for all of eternity and doomed to spend eternity in Hell. Is there any person or thing that you hold of more value than your relationship with Christ or that holds you back from surrendering your life to Christ?
- The soul is the essence of humanity – the part that lives on into eternity.
- There are no riches, good works, acts of kindness, religious rituals that are enough (even if you could afford to purchase the whole world) that would allow you into Heaven.
- There is only one way to salvation and that is by faith in the redeeming grace of Jesus’s sacrificial death, burial and resurrection. If you are basing your eternal life in Heaven on any other way, then your soul will be lost eternally.
- As Christians, we can sometimes hang on to areas that we don’t want to let go of and try to live the Christian life without surrendering those areas to God. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” The only way for those old ways to become new is by surrendering them to God and allow Him to change us into the new person He wants us to be. What areas of your life have you not totally surrendered to God?
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) Also available on Amazon and Barnes & Nobel.
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is booking for 2019 and 2020 events. Book with us now. Click the link and fill out the online form or call us at 904.524.8073.