Each week we post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
This week’s memory verse:
Hebrews 4: 12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any
two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit,
and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Meditate and apply:
- One of the functions of the Word of God is that it penetrates very deep—like a sword through tough, hard layers—and makes judgments about what’s there. Consider for a moment what it finds inside of you. Is there anger, bitterness, grudges, unforgiveness harboring inside of you? Is there some secret sin that you’ve hung on to for years? Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal these things to you and then confess them.
- The Bible, because it is living and active, brings about lasting, supernatural change within a person. What changes has occurred in your heart since you became a Christian?
- As we read and study the Bible, it “penetrates” deep within us and “judges” or assesses our thoughts, intentions, and motivations. What motivates you to live a Christian life – such as tithing, going to church, being committed to personal and daily Bible study, prayer? What motivates you to lead a small group at church, sing in the choir, lead a committee, head a program?
- This for a moment about a time when the words on the pages of your Bible seemed “come alive” and leap off the pages and into your heart – whether to convict of sin, or encourage or comfort you, or help you find God’s will for you life. Did it seem in that moment that God’s Word was living and active in your life?
Become a distributor of Living Water with us by joining our fundraising campaign as we grow and expand our ministry. Click here to make your secure tax-deductible contribution.
BOOKING NOW to be a host site for the NEW God, Love & Marshmallow Wars Book Tour & Couples Conference:
This event helps couples understand why the daily activities found in the book will equip them to build a stronger marriage and the book provides them with 365 intentional activities to take what they learn at the event and apply it on a daily basis. Through the event, couples will discover the Biblical “why” behind the categories of activities found in the book and the “how” these activities are important to building a stronger marriage. Focus points of the event includes :
- How memorizing scripture together and studying God’s Word together as they study, meditate and apply scriptures related to marriage and life issues will help them develop marriages that honor God.
- Why utilizing fun conversation starters that spark meaningful conversations will keep interest alive as they continually learn new things about each other.
- Why keeping romance alive is essential to intimacy and connectivity.
- How making memories and working together builds relationship investment bonds and how these investment bonds can become the knots that keeps them together through the tough times.
- How they can understand what they are or are not contributing to the marriage as well as how they might be contributing to problems or potential problems within the relationship through the use of targeted, intentional personal reflections
- Why it is important that couples never stop dating and how group dates with Christian friends can be both an encouragement and accountability to their own relationship.
During the event, couples will be given an activity from each focus point to do together, making this event an interactive, fun, and engaging event with practical, hands-on learning. Unlike other couple events that are over when the event ends, couples who attend the GLMW event will be able to apply what they learn when utilizing the book on a daily basis for a year. Since the book is not dated, couples are able to reuse the activities year after year to continue being intentional in strengthening their relationship with each other and with God as they strive to live out God’s design for marriage every day.
Learn more about hosting this event at your church or conference site by clicking here.
About the book: The GLMW book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble
#GLMW #couplesevent #GLMWbook #intentionalmarriage #Godlymarriage
T-shirt Fundraiser Event: We have a product line of Christian apparel and accessories available in our Teespring Store and our Spreadshop Store. You’ll find tee shirts, hoodies, tanks, socks, leggings, tote bags, mugs, iphone cases and more…perfect for holiday gift giving. See the samples below for our Thanksgiving Designs.
Coming this week:
All proceeds go to the advancement of Wellspring Christian Ministries.
Thank you for helping us grow!
#fundraiser #tshirt #WCM #teespring #spreadshop
Looking for a keynote speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants. Today, Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities, regardless of size.
Or call us at 904.524.8073
#JuliaBruce #speaker #keynote #author
Wellspring receives an 8% commission for any item purchased
at CBD through any of these links.
|Thankful Blessed and Pumpkin Spice Obsessed Stick Plaque
Special sentiment on skinny strip of pine wood
|Harvest Blessings Jute Hanging Decor
Add personality to any space you call your own with pine slat wood sign
|Have A Blessed Day Candle
Jar candle 26 ounce size
||Family Table Runner
Poly linen table runner 72″ x 13″
|Gather Together Table Runner
Table runner adds the finishing touch to your dining room or eating area. Crafted of 100% cotton, it’s equally at home in country, cottage, or contemporary rooms.
|Taste And See, Salt And Pepper Shaker Set
White ceramic salt and pepper set with tray, right at home in your kitchen or on your dining table.Scripture verse quotes in uspcale font design.
|Gather Here Platter
Oval ceramic platter
|Give Thanks Round Platter
Glass Fusion ® art platter designed by Lori Siebert in vibrant and artful style to your fall table. Give thanks in swirling font; 13″ round platter.Handwash only; not intended for microwave.Distinctive technique of colroed glass and iridescent metallic finish. For entertaining and celebrating all year round.
|Give Thanks Light Box
Add warmth to your room decor with plug-in light box framed design
|So Very Thankful Incredibly Grateful And Unbelievably Blessed, Pallet Art
Rustic wall decor made of natural pine slats; simple yet refined accent for your home.
|Harvest Blessings Ceramic Vase
Ceramic gift vase in creamy white
|Give Thanks Ceramic Crock with Candle
Ceramic crock in farmhouse style with pumpkin motif
|But First Coffee House Sign
Shaped structures in wood with decorative architectural details and words of inspiration
|Fall Wreath Door Hanger
Fall door decor creates a warm welcome to your home
|Thankful & Blessed Door Mat
Seasonal doormat to welcome fall
|Thankful Pumpkins, Tea Towel
Tea towel with appliqued stacked pumpkins
|God’s Starting Point Mug
True and Write Gift Collection in bold font design
|Gather Here Pie Place
Pie plate in black and white; Gather Here Collection