Each week we post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
This week’s memory verse:
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- Sacrifices are the language in the Old Testament associated with worshipping God. The animal sacrifices stood as a symbol of what Jesus would do on the cross in the new testament to provide forgiveness of sin
- When we present out bodies as a living sacrifice, we are giving him our all, just as the animal gave it’s all on the altar. However, we do not have to shed blood or die for sin as the animal did because Christ did the work for us on the cross. We die to self and our will and surrender to God’s will. God wants visible, lived-out, bodily evidence that our lives are built on nothing less than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
- God also wants us to be holy – which means to be clean and free from sin, every part of us. Our eyes, hands, tongue, feet. We should only use our bodies for righteousness – not sin.
- Acceptable – If our living sacrifice is holy, then it is acceptable to God. It is impossible for us to be holy and acceptable without the work of Christ applied to our lives. God is at the very heart of making us holy and acceptable. We cannot do it without His mercy and free gift of salvation.
- Our service to God required dedication of our total selves to living for God’s honor and glory.
- As Christians, we are to be different from the world and should experience a progressive transformation as we renew our mind through prayer, reading and meditating on God’s Word, worshipping God, and following the direction of the Holy Spirit as He works within us.
We have a new product line of Christian apparel and gifts available in our Teespring Store and our new Spreadshop Store. You’ll find tee shirts, hoodies, tanks, socks, leggings, tote bags, mugs, iphone cases and more. All proceeds go to the advancement of Wellspring Christian Ministries. Thank you for helping us grow!
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants.
Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities.
Or call us at 904.524.8073