Each week we post a scripture to challenge you to hide God’s Word in your heart. Commit it to memory, meditate on it and apply it to your life.
This week’s verse:
But you shall receive power when the Holy spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Meditate and apply:
- The moment you became a Christian, the Holy Spirit “came upon” you and is now dwelling within you, giving you access to the same power the disciples received on the Day of Pentecost.
- Who was the last person you witnessed to? How long ago was that?
- Are you more comfortable talking about Christ and what He’s done for you to someone within your church, someone you know personally, or co-worker or acquaintance, or a total stranger?
- For the disciples, Jerusalem was their home town. Judea would be equivalent to their country. Samaria would have been their neighboring country. The end of the earth would be the rest of the world. All of us are called to be witnesses for Christ right where we are. Some are called to go to another part of the country to be a “home missionary.” Others are called to a surrounding country and others to far away places. Ask God to make you aware of when the Holy Spirit is prompting you to share the gospel. Ask Him to place your paths in the same paths of those you are lost without Christ. If you feel that God has called you to be a pastor or missionary, small group leader, or other ministry position, be obedient to what He’s asking you to do.
- The only way the gospel is spread to every person is by Christians being a witness to Christ. If we are not witnessing to others as the Holy Spirit leads us to, then how many people will miss out on heaven and spend eternity in hell because we didn’t tell them about Jesus?
God, Love and Marshmallow Wars: This book contains 365 daily challenges for couples to strengthen their relationships to each other and with God. Couples will complete activities such as Scripture memory, conversation starters, relationship builders, learning about Biblical marriage, romance builders, personal reflections, and date ideas. Click here to purchase your copy. (This link will open a new widow and take you to Westbow Press’ bookstore.) It is also available at Christian Book Distributors, Amazon, and Barnes & Nobel
Looking for a speaker for your next ministry event? Julia is now booking for 2019 and 2020 Christian events for women’s and couples’ ministries for both small and large events.
Book with us now.
Julia is CEO of Wellspring Christian Ministries, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people and couples develop a passionate relationship with God. A public speaker, conference trainer, event planner, and blog writer, Julia is a two-time graduate from Grand Canyon University with a bachelor in Psychology and a masters in Professional Counseling. Saved as a child and raised in church and in a Christian home and private Christian School as a Pastor’s kid, Julia has taught Sunday school, led music, played the piano, served as Children’s Director, and engaged her gifts in many other areas of church life. Previously employed with the Florida Baptist Convention, Julia organized events and led conferences for church ministry assistants.
Julia enjoys sharing her journey as a growing Christian with others looking for a deeper connection with God. Through Bible study and her own life experiences, God has given Julia a passion to help couples understand God’s design for marriage while they learn to place God first in their marriage, cultivate meaningful relationships, build intimacy, and address the tougher issues that come in every marriage so that they can experience a marriage that honors and glorifies God. Julia also loves mentoring, teaching, and working with women to help them learn to live as Godly women.
With her history and experience growing up in both small and large churches, Julia enjoys bringing top level quality events to churches of all sizes. Her father largely pastored small churches and therefore she understands that these vital parts of the believing community need to be good stewards of the resources God provides them with. This knowledge inspires her passion for being available with a fresh perspective for those who want to provide their congregations with meaningful spiritual growth opportunities.
Or call us at 904.524.8073