Do you pray and yearn for God to revive our nation? America needs a revival. I’m not talking about a revival service – but an awakening of the Church as the Holy Spirit moves among us. The kind that awakens and revives the church, its leadership, the family, and the individual Christian. We need to see a major outpouring of the Holy Spirit – the kind that burns across our land from sea to shining sea with the flames of revival. Do you agree?
But now, O LORD, you are our Father; We are the clay, You our potter, and all we are the work of Your hand. Do not be furious, O Lord, nor remember iniquity forever; Indeed, please look – we all are your people! O God, we remember the glory. We remember when You spoke to us from Your sacred temple. Our fathers have told us about it. What a glorious time it was! O God, we want Your glory again! O God, show Thy face, show Thy glory!“ — Isaiah 64:8-12. Revive us again, oh Lord!
Why America needs a revival
We need to see the glory of God. For too long, the Church has remained dormant. We’ve slipped into complacency. We’ve allowed the devil to have his way and steal our nation away from God. As a result, the glory of God has been exchanged for the cesspool of sin, racism, division, crime, hate, terrorism, and murder. For God’s glory to return to America, the Church (the people called by God’s name) needs to revive its God-ordained ministries and to no longer be hearers only, but doers of the Word (James 1:22). We need for God to set our hearts on fire. It’s time we — God’s people — humble ourselves, pray, seek the face of God and turn from our wicked ways. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Is America still known as a God-fearing, Christian Nation?
How would you answer this question? In the early 1990s, the historical tether between American identity and faith snapped. Religious non-affiliation in America increased rapidly. By the early 2000s, the percentage of Americans who said they didn’t associate with any established religion had doubled. By the 2010s, this group of atheists, agnostics, and spiritual dabblers had tripled in size.
Here are just a few examples of how America, like Israel and Judah, continues to choose the world over God:
- The Ten Commandments removed from government buildings.
- Rather than being a nation who recognizes the One True God, we now accept all religions and label it as religious freedom.
- No one flinches at cursing and even young children have an extensive vocabulary of cuss words.
- Honoring our fathers and mothers is on the decline while murder is on the rise.
- No one bats an eye when someone commits adultery – unless that someone is in the ministry.
- Theft is so common place that unless there is also a murder or the theft is large, it isn’t even reported on the news.
- It isn’t enough to steal someone’ property, but now there is technology to steal one’s identity, credit card numbers, and bank accounts.
- Telemarketing scams are so pervasive that at least one call a day is a scam artist.
- Gossiping and lying about others makes us hesitant to trust people.
- Coveting is at such a large scale that we run up credit cards and debt and then when we can’t pay for it we claim bankruptcy or resort to stealing.
And that just covers the Ten Commandments. We could also look at sex outside of marriage and how no one bats an eye at an unwed pregnant woman and no one hold men accountable for treating women with respect. Domestic Violence, sex trafficking, and exploitation of children and women are rampant problems. Or what about God’s design for marriage as being between one man and one woman? Now same-sex marriage is legal by man’s standards. The motto, “In God We Trust” is being eradicated.
Are you convinced that NOW is the time for revival in America? Click the links below to continue reading…